Monday 7 January 2013

Bunny Boiler???




A heap of really funny things have happened over the last couple of weeks and I think I will just let you decide who was the lamest.

My youngest daughter has been doing the HSC this year and had been working so hard (for her!) that she thought that she deserved a pet. She whined and wheezled her way around me asking for a Tea Cup Chihuahau that is so gorgeous but I am not THAT silly! We had cats before the stroke and one after the stroke and guess who was the patsy who ended up looking after them??? Right, it was me! This time I was pleased with myself and no matter how she pleaded and cried, I just said "no".

Then one day, she was looking at a pet site when she said to me, "Please Mum, can I have a bunny to love, they don't do anything except hop around and love us", please, please, can I have a bunny, just like this one"?? It was a mini Lop eared bunny - black, gorgeous and already toilet trained to go to the bunny litter after it was fed. So, I looked at the lovely bunny and thought, "she said that it doesn't DO anything, just hops around and be's lovely and will love us" - yeah right!!!

At first, the poor little thing was so traumatised with having to leave her brother (I certainly couldn't have two of them!!) and I was feeling so bad, that I let her come inside to be with me when my daughter went to schoolies at the Gold Coast in QLD the very next week!! I let her come into my room and hop around the lounge room and just be with me when I was home so that she wouldn't think about her brother etc and be lonely but I hadn't had a phone call that I was waiting on that week, to tell me when I had to go to Rehab, so, I waited and waited and thought that nothing was happening when I got a text message.....'what's wrong with your home phone Wendy, I have been trying to ring you for....' - OMG!!!!!

That's right, the bunny - named Duckie, had bitten though the telephone cord!!! Then when I was tracing the cords back through the house, I found out that the TV in my bedroom was kapput as well as my mobile phone chord!!! I was stomping around telling her that I was going to put her outside and she needen't look at me like that etc, but she is little and lonely and didn't mean it and I love her and my daughter would be so annoyed.....and so I let it go.

A couple of days later, I got dressed in a reasonably new dress and went to work, when Marci said, "what's wrong with your dress?" She often has to fix up my outfit because I have a subluxioned shoulder (one side is lower than the other) and I just thought that was what she was fixing......after a few minutes, she said, "something is wrong with the hem on this dress, it looks like something has chewed it".......say no more!!! Duckie was nibbling on my dress that I had hung on a coat hanger on the clothes line the day before and I had been walking around with the nibbled dress on for some hours!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

My daughter came back from schoolies and was not feeling very well so she went to my Dr the next day, only to be put into hospital for the next couple of days due to a virus and through that her Asthma. So, she had only spent a few hours with Duckie and then went into hospital, so, she was very excited to be coming home and finally be spending some time with her bunny....... only to find out that Duckie had eaten her Haviana thongs!!!! Duckie is also now, untrained to go to the bathroom in the litter tray since I haven't been able to put her in or take her out of the litter tray, so, yep, sucked in!

We have to start the training all over again but she really is a great pet, providing that we keep her out of the house where there are cords, clothes, thongs and .........so, who was the lamest??

 7.1.2013

No comments: